Monday, July 31, 2017

Asshole Brag Letter for Inspiration


What up, it's my time
Time for what again?
A clue, I can't even borrow
Sheets!
Let the curtains fly
Friday night
I'm indoors

Here is Facebook, Twitter, Instagram 
They came over for beer 

Flight to something better
Think tomorrow I'll head to L.A
There is something I want to see
Val Kilmer's art exhibit? Possibly!
It's why I live here
Coolness of this Dirty Town
L.A. is so badass
So badass that Skid Row 
Skid Row is an actual place 
Located within Google Maps
I'm not sure one should be proud of this?

Spin the workings
Great adventure
Kicked material items to the curb
Two slugs to the head for deception
Traveled without knowing a soul
Not a clue where I was going
A couch for only four days, maybe!
Stepping over that California threshold
Not having one care
The voice in my mind
Speaking loud and clear
Finally
Fear was left in the dust
All that remains is the celebratory bash
High flyin champagne
An explosion of moist fluff
There was nothing to lose
Lost it all years ago
A final hurrah? Don't think so!
The next chapter
Quit never in the vocab
Skeptics all around
Whispering Maggots
Nay sayers here and there
Cali will eat you alive
Back in six months to a year
Groveling like a dog
Paid no mind to their gabber
Life or death
I choose life
I choose self-love
I choose fucking doing it

Here I sit, four years later
Pondering my accomplishment
I went back home for six months
Had to help someone out
My mom
While losing my mind
At war with my life
My soul knew I was not where I belonged
Then a miracle occurred
I was back in Cali
Received a promotion and a raise
Like a rocket here I sit
With all this bullshit
Published two books
Gocni's by Tripping Balls and Paint Shit Red
Who gives a rip!
It's like one of those shitty Xmas cards
Where they're all on the cover of their very own Rolling Stone
May not be much to some but it's a step for me
Discovered my love for art again
Shits fantastic
Forgot just how much I loved it
I buckled like a broken leg back in the day
Gave up my dreams for ideology, for the title!
I was the fool
Then I pondered
Happiness
I respect happiness
Was rough getting here today
For over eight years
Eight years of starvin
Eight years I slithered in the muck
I got stepped on
Walked over
I said thank you come again

Depression was my best friend
He kept the revolver to my head
He whispered such nice things
Things we just don't need to repeat
We walked for miles together
He had the most beautiful pills to give
Negative things presenting themselves as positive
My mental state
Self-sabotaged
I was wrapped in my own chains
Myself I tossed into a darkened hole
Took a war to break away from this Foe

I believe we create our world
I believe we can change our world
I believe any obstacle can be overcome
I believe we just might need some help
I believe in you
Let's kick it, like purple fucking dinosaurs 
I fully know I can do whatever I set my heart to.
Just like every one of you
You have to believe it
Fuck what the world says
Do it and don't quit when the shit storm arrives
Believe me, it will!
Shits just a test
When you laugh about it
It gets over with quick-er!
I didn't have this knowledge, at first
Wrapped up tight in playin victim
Above I said it took over eight years
Aint no fibbin

The Key
Grateful for everything I've learned
Grateful for the friends I have met along the way
Grateful for my real friends back home, like two!
Grateful for my mom,
She's raised me to be independent
Gratitude
Peace out yo

Gocni Schindler 

No comments:

Post a Comment