Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Stumble about...



How we stumble about
Knee deep in the muck
Busy, so, so damn busy
Busybody ass busting bee
Here and there
To another nowhere
How we forget
Those important things
Little things
Easily disappearing
Without a trace
Fast the lure
Shiney and bright
The parts of life
Least of importance
Yet, so viciously we chase
While the good things
The delicious things
We allow to waste
There once was a book
When it first was introduced
Played on the radio
Spoken in church and school
Read by millions
It should have changed things
That was the message it contained
Had that...power
Yet, in short time
Because it was little
It was truly important
It was easily lost
Father Forgets
Maybe you've read it
Maybe not
The author is
Livingston Larned
It's a great book
Discusses how to view a child
The treatment of others
The torment within adulthood
To meet the societal requirement
Myself am I guilty
A shit selfish human being
Chasing the shiny things
Going after the meaningless
For nothing more than survival
Let me try to do better
Though, that journeys hard
It's life
Wasn't easy getting here
Not easy staying either
I simply want to be better
Than what I was before


A humming bird
Was eye level with me
Like it knew it was equal
Giving me something, special
Wishing I had some nectar
I had a frown
Just lint in my pocket
It just hovered
For a moment that didn't end
Then it was gone
Mere seconds
I forgot about all my troubles
The world was gone
Just me and this bird
That happened to come along
It was nice meeting him
Felt better inside
Went to smoke my cigarette
Pondered as I inhaled
Where it went.

Gocni Schindler and shits!

No comments:

Post a Comment